Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My E72~

I didn't know if I got a thing with toilet bowl.

Years ago when I was in National Service camp, I accidentally dropped my hand phone onto a squat type toilet bowl. But that time was forgivable because the public toilet was dark. I needed to use the phone as a torch light so that I could see and not knock on something and fell straight to the floor.

This time around. I dropped my hand phone to the toilet bowl again. What makes a difference is that it was with a bowl of shyt, and also because I just wanted to play around with the phone in the toilet while shitting and accidentally slipped and dropped into the toilet bowl.

What happened next was fast. Without my mind started to process what to do, my reflex reaction already ordered my hand to pick up the phone from the toilet bowl, immediately turned my back and washed with running water from the tap. The entire process took less than a minute. But it was enough to permanently leave scar to my phone.

I spent hours trying to blow dry the phone. Dissemble all the parts and blow with full blast of hot air. But it didn't seem to work. I tried to use the phone after about an hour, but it didn't seem to function. In the end I had no choice but to tell my dad. He was mad and upset, as anticipated. Saying that I didn't bother to take care of things which I didn't have to pay for. Taking things for granted. I was speechless actually, couldn't find a word/ phrase to defend myself because what he said was what I am doing. I got a backup phone from him eventually, seeing all the hidden 18++ messages between my sister with an anonymous guy/ girl/ tomboy or whosoever.

The next morning my *drowned* phone was unexpectedly working well. Throughout the whole morning I was fiercely texting my boyfriend, my boss and my colleagues. Things just seem to get back on track, the phone seems to work again. But in the afternoon it started showing signs like "sim card lost" and automatically turned my phone into offline mode.

Immediately I know that I have to send for repair for sure already. The phone is only 3 months old, but with my torture it looks like a 3 years old gadget. As if it has been slashed, dumped, pressed, kicked, thrown and whatever abusive actions that you can think of.

In the end of the day, it is all about responsibility. I didn't appreciate the things that I have. I never bother to take good care of it. Always taking things for advantage. Shame of myself. Really really shame of myself.

No comments: