Wednesday, November 9, 2011

=)

Today is really a fruitful day. I happened to like my job even more! A patient called me today to know more about her cancer. She saw my number on the form that the doctor passed to her, and initially called to just ask about something related to our biomarker tests.

Then later on we talked about something else, maybe she finds me friendly or maybe I feel bad to call for a stop for the conversation, she started sharing with me how she discovered her disease and how she feels about herself now. The uncertainty, the worries and anxiety. We also talked about food and diet for cancer patients, and she shared with me her family problems and how she felt lucky to have her husband besides her.

In the end although my ears are in pain, complaining of the over dose of radiation from the handphone, I feel happy. I am glad that in my job I actually have a chance to help patients to get a better lives, to increase the accessibility of expensive drugs so that more patients can benefit. Maybe not so noble but at least, I can make some of them feel better and let them know having cancer is not the end of the world.

Suddenly I feel that pharma sales isn't so difficult after all. The opportunity is there, it is just depending on whether I want to take it or not.

All the best to all cancer patients out there. =)

No comments: