Friday, November 5, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love~

I still remember the science.

When we are cold, our hairs stand to trap air, because air is warmer than our body so they can protect us from getting hypothermic (too cold).

That's how our body responses when we are too cold. What about our heart? When our heart shivers, is there any ways to prevent it from getting too cold? I saw forest burning the other day while on the way back. Dark, thick smoke was gushing out, traveling very rapidly along with the wind. People didn't seem to bother. "Who cares what happen, I am busy enough dealing with my own life." Human nature.

I saw terrible accidents happened along the highway. Reminded me of the bus tragic a few weeks back. Looking at the injured victim lying on the road waiting for the ambulance, my heart shivers. I saw on Discovery channel about young kids under starvation. No clean water, no food and their retarded growth, my heart shivers.

I saw documentary about plane crash, about disappearing ships and human trafficking; I read about how people struggle to survive when they were diagnosed with cancer; I read through some magazines describing how a Iranian lady reconstructed her face due to injury from massive suicidal bombing, and the list goes on.

I live in a gigantic world. My life and encounters are merely a blink among trillions of human on this Earth. My heart shivers when I read about others. If there is a chance, I wanna be like Elizabeth Gilbert, travel around the world to find peace, to widen my vision, and to cleanse my soul.

*Worth reading*



No comments: