Monday, February 15, 2010

Marriage~

*Marriage*

One of my besties is getting married next year. Perhaps she will be the first one who gets married among all my close friends. Really, I am happy for her as well as her beloved one. Because I think, it is not easy to find the right one, and at the right timing. Congratz! ^^

When I had a conversation with my parents and my grandma a few days ago, I kinda grab some ideas of how they perceive marriage, or even a serious relationship. Perhaps they have gone through the process themselves, so they are speaking of self-experiences.

They said that marriage is unfortunately not the matter of two persons. In other words, a successful marriage is not merely based on love. Living in a materialistic world, it is sad to say that we need money to get married. At least enough money to start a family and to support monthly expenses and other expenses. Also we have to think a few years ahead, when we welcome new members to the family. That will unavoidably increase monthly expenses. How about the change of the macro-environment? When your salary is fixed at a point while inflation is getting worst? I cannot deny that what they said is true. In fact they kinda scare me into getting married. Perhaps after all I am not ready for marriage yet.

Nonetheless, I still see marriage as a blessing, because this shows that we are lucky enough to meet the one in life. Someone who makes our lives complete. I am still positive thou,

*Marriage brings two souls together, two hearts to beat as one.*

p/s: Appreciate your loved ones. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.