Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cancer~

Cancer is a terrible disease.

I've seen many people, either they are my friends' relatives, or some random patients I met in the hospital, cancer is indeed a very horrifying disease. It doesn't kill you immediately, but letting you dying in a slow process, which you know that there is practically no cure when you are detected at late stage.

Mom's medical report was out. Doctor said that she has a cyst at her right kidney, 55mm. Another cyst at her right ovary, 35mm. Left ovary was undetected (as in cannot detect the organ), which I don't understand why.

Doctor said for the time being the cysts are harmless. Round, well-defined and are relatively small size. But she needs to do check-up regularly to monitor her cysts. I am worried. Being in the oncology field for only a year but the knowledge regarding to this disease and the experiences I have with the cancer patients, I become more paranoid than ever.

Cancer cells are changing every minute, now they are benign but we don't know when they will cross the *barrier* and become cancerous. I told my mom to monitor her check-up closely, at least every 3 months she has to do her check-up, just to be safe.

As for me, I recently took pills that will fluctuate my hormone level like roller coaster. Already I feel the tenderness of my breast and the slight pinching pain of my left breast. I know taking the pills is unavoidable, but this is the last time, I don't wanna take it again. Bear in mind hormones play an important role in driving cancer.

If you said I am a super paranoid I will not deny. I am so scared of dying. Thats what my heart is telling me now.

No comments: