Thursday, January 7, 2010

Family~

*Mom's birthday 2009*

Mom was recently hospitalized to remove her womb. There was a growing fibroid at her womb and doctor suggested her to remove before it becomes something nasty. So after days of thinking and reconsideration, mom finally agreed for operation.

The night before mom was admitted to the hospital, dad was abit worried. Asking her to fast after 8pm and only drink water. The next day, both of them went off very early as mom's surgery was at 10am. I remembered that day was Thursday, where I needed to go to office.

That night itself we went to visit mom and she was awaken by our noisy footsteps and conversations. She was still drowsy and blur, not fully conscious. I saw dad came to her side and pulled up the blanket for her. The love was shown on his face, and I saw tears on his eyes. Touched.

My dad and mom had never have a good relationship during their younger days, where they always fight and quarrel. I even saw something worst happened before between them. So now when I saw dad being such caring, I couldn't imagine that they are actually the same person.

People said time changes human. I think dad is a good example. After all, we are still a family, biologically-linked. This once again reminded me of the scene in Lilo and Stitch, when Stitch was kicked out by Lilo, happened to read a book regarding to family.

In Hawaiian (I think), Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. I love you dad, I love you mom, I love you bros and I love you sis.

p/s: Hope mom will get well soon.

No comments: