Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Recently~

Sometimes when we grow older, we tend to reflect what we've done in our younger age, thinking of those days where we have nothing much to worry about. While I was showering, suddenly my mind was reflected to several years back, during the summer holiday when I was having my internship at Sunway Medical Center.

I still remember my friends complaining that we had special treatment from the school as our internship was short (only one month as compared to others), and we worked alternative days. Meaning that if I work on Monday, Tuesday would be my off day and I only came back to work on Wednesday, and etc.

I remembered those days after I finished work, or more appropriately after I've done statue-ing in the lab the whole day, I would hang out with my intern mates for tea, dinner or movie. Why not? When the next day was an off day. There was nothing to worry about. On top of that, we didn't have to worry about working productivity and performance, in fact we were not allowed to touch most of the equipments and machines; didn't have to worry about salary and other financial commitments, since we were not paid, and at that time we were all still students. Life is good, at that time.

Now that I've got an official job, many serious things come into play. The level of responsibilities and commitments is exponentially increasing, sometimes outpace the speed of my adaptability. Many people said this is all due to time management, if you able to manage your time well, then you will get things done in an organized way, and you don't have to mess up your life. But once again, it is always easier said than done.

When I look at myself, I see many things surrounding me, even more things in my mind. Things that I wanted to achieve, life that I wanted to have. Well, probably in a way I am too eager, seeking for instant gratification, looking for fast-track to achieve my desired goals.

However I know, there is always something to be said about learning the ropes through the old-fashioned way, by putting in time, effort and energy. Good things always come last, after countless effort and hardwork. It is then that we will appreciate what we have.

Life moves on though. Gambateh! ^^

1 comment:

Brian Chye said...

i'm so going to agree with u in this xD life is short and time flies~