Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Why no sense of direction is a disadvantage~

This morning was attending a surgery with my senior in Pudu Raya. My job was to observe how implant surgery was carried out. But too bad the patient was surrounded by 2 doctors and bunch of nurses. I found it almost impossible to penetrate the wall of nurses to see whats happening in the patient's mouth.

Halfway through the surgery another senior called. He forgot to bring the prosthetic membrane for the surgery that he was attending in Daya Bumi. Having some backup stocks, my senior asked me to send the membrane over to Daya Bumi by driving her car, since it was very near. But too bad you know me, I am Joeanne the blur queen with no sense of direction. I still don't know how to drive there even though they are throwing stone away.

The membrane was really urgent and the doctor was pissed already. My senior showed me a long and black face. She said:
"If you don't know the way, how are you going to serve customers next time?"
"Go take taxi, now"

Well, I get her order and immediately run straight down to look for taxi. Reaching there was not a problem. But finding the stupid clinic in the building was a big problem, for people like me. Frantic, I hugged the precious membrane (cost 1k+ over) and started asking everyone who came into my eyes, from postman to security guard to whoever.

Finally, I reached the stupid clinic and they already started the surgery. I thought I could leave after putting down the membrane. Manatau my senior asked me to stay and help. Seriously I don't think I could help much, since this was only my 2nd day of work, but I know he is being helpful, he wanted to teach me more things and give me some hands on experience.

After I was done with this, I was lost in the building again trying to find an exit with a taxi stand. After few minutes of waving to every taxi I saw, finally I managed to hop into one. It was a Chinese driver and we started to *blow water*, from radio station to the price increment of taxi basic charge. Before I close the door and wave goodbye, he asked: "Are you a Christian?" What is that have to do with religion? Kaka~ Weird, but in a friendly way.

Well, time to start recognizing roads man. Else cannot survive. @@

1 comment:

- k o R i - said...

Google Maps for mobiles =X

Very useful in the absence of a GPS device =X