Sunday, June 20, 2010

The blaming game~

Somehow I find that blaming is the nature of human being.

It is always easier to blame others rather than to hold responsibility for an incident/ accident. By pointing our finger to others we can get ourselves protected. A way to show others and ourselves that we are not in fault, we aren't the one who need to change. For that, we can continue to laze in our comfort zone.

Today while I was lining up for a fitting room, I saw an aunty dragging a little girl walking very fast passed by me. Probably she is eager to grab the cheap deal she did not realize a small wooden partition jerking out near the fitting room. The small little girl was innocently dragged by her mother (I assumed) and obviously she did not have a chance to avoid the wooden partition as well. As a result, her small little head hit onto the partition and I heard a very loud *bang*.

Although I wasn't hurt at all, but seeing the incident happened in front of me I feel that my heart ached a bit, as if I can feel the excruciating pain as well. Immediately the small girl cried, the mother turned her head and finally realized the small partition. She went to check on the girl's forehead and said it is fine, don't cry.

Then she started saying: "Next time must see properly okay? Don't simply knock onto something. How can you be so careless?". When I heard that conversation I was actually looking at that woman in surprise. I mean, how can you blame the small kid while it was you who dragged her so quickly and didn't notice the wooden partition? The girl was so young and all she can do is just to follow someone she can trust. In fact she wasn't given a choice since she was dragged most of the time.

I can only sigh when I look at the small girl. Once again this showed that blaming is part of our nature. When bad things happen, it is almost a spontaneous reaction to blame others. Have a look at our world histories, blaming was part of the war, part of conflicts, part of misunderstanding. But seems like not many people actually learn the lesson from our past.

P/S: Something that I recalled learning from my self-improvement course. When things turn bad, don't blame others nor you blame yourself. Just hold responsibility of things that happen.

No comments: