Monday, July 27, 2009

Me being a working adult~

Received a confirmation call and email today. Straumann is hiring me. This coming Thursday I would have to be there for a briefing and staff introduction. Then Monday I have to report myself officially to the manager. Things are moving fast. Before that I just saved more than 10 potential jobs from jobstreets where I am planning to throw in my resume today, but seems like there is not necessary now. Although I am job hunting, but the transition seems to be too sudden, it caught me by surprise. Am I happy now? To finally get a job? The answer is NO. I am not excited nor I am happy. Just, plain and worried.

Probably I am the eldest in my family. My parents are making a big hoo-haa about my job. Because my aunt and her family came for a short visit to our house, all they talk about is how fast I get a job and what I should and should not do while working. I hate the attention. I don't like people talking about me, especially my parents. Ever since last time, things have never changed a bit. "My daughter get how many As in SPM, which college and university she is going, hows her performance in school, what she did during her free time, whatever whatever whatever". I know they are proud of me. But I am not comfortable under the spotlight.

And I know I was abit rude just now. When mom was asking me if I've shared the news with all my friends. I just said it is no big deal. What is that to spread around. Acted like a kid I know, but sometimes just bad tempered and couldn't control. Whatever.

Now there are few things to do before I start working.
1) I have to know the direction to my office in Cheras. Dad said it will be ultra jam in the morning. But not that I have a choice thou.

2) I have to change my lifestyle. Have been sleeping quite late nowadays and wake up in the noon. Don't think the boss still wants me if I don't change my lifestyle. Also if possible, stop drinking coffee.

3) Gotto mentally prepare myself. Well, it is like I am back to the first day of Monash. Fresh, new, nerd, nervous and clueless. I have to start everything from the ground again, learning new things and make sure I am useful to the company so that I can stay long enough in the company to include this job in my resume. =P

Also I think it is not easy to be a working adult. The adult world is different. Much more cruel. You have to stay competitive and strong. You must be hardworking and smart. You must know how to communicate with your colleagues and how to make your boss happy. I am thinking of the near future, where I wish to hop up the career ladder and hold a managerial position. Thats my aim and for that I know I have to work even harder.


*Cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes!*

Okay. Think I should stop spreading the negative *chi* around. Abit of colorful cupcakes to cheer everyone up. Life is bleak sometimes, but it is still wonderful. =D

3 comments:

- k o R i - said...

So this means you get one month in Switzerland???

JoeanneWLV said...

Havent la... Have to wait till I pass the probation period first la... Which is 3 months... =S

Why u go back to uni today btw?

- k o R i - said...

haha, went to see my supervisor... lol... have to find out what to do ma =P