Thursday, July 23, 2009

Too good to be real~

Hunting for a job is never easy, some said it can take up to months before you can get a job secured. Well, today is 23rd, the 16th days of my job hunting process. Yesterday I went for an interview, it is a well-known dental company (Straumann) whereby according to the manager, almost all dental associates around the world are using the dental products and instruments and technology from their company. They are the global leader.

Well, guess how I know about this company? One fine day I was browsing through the net as usual to look for suitable jobs. Suddenly I saw my dental gel on the table right next to the laptop. Being playful, I played around with the gel and then I saw a company name printed on the tube of the gel. Being curious, I googled the company online and found their contact number for Malaysia office. Then just to try my luck, I called up the company and asked for job vacancy. Then the receptionist said there is vacancy and directed me to the manager.

After some brief introduction and all that, I got an interview appointment with the manager, purely by luck. Then...

Yesterday was the interview and apparently the manager kinda likes me. He said he will consider my application and will call me back in a week or two. Also, if he didn't call me back, he asked me to call him by the 3rd of August, since he said he will be going to Cambodia during the end of this month and may be quite busy. I am not sure the chances of me getting the job, the following are things that he had mentioned during the interview:

1) First he was happy because I am wearing braces (because he wears too)
2) Second he was happy because we have the same orthodontist
3) Third he said my orthodontist is his friend
4) He kept saying *good good* during the interview
5) He asked me when I can start working
6) He explained the job scope in detail
7) He talked about the salary
8) He replied my thank you letter in a hour and promised to keep me updated
9) He asked me to call him by 3rd August

And the good news is, once I passed the three months probation, he said the company will send me to Switzerland (HQ) for one month training. How good! The salary that he quoted me for now is rm2600 plus car allowance.

I am damn anxious now. Counting the days. I seriously wish I can get this job. Pray hard.

No comments: