Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Responsibility~

*Bring him for lunch after seeing doctor*

My little brother was sick today. Sore throat, fever, headache and cough. The first thing that came into my mind was the possibility of H1N1. Then immediately I touched his forehead and see if he got a fever. Luckily it was still quite normal.

Immediately I shoo-ed away the lazy bugs, swallowed my brunch, get changed and bring him to see doctor. Luckily I bought some face masks (initially was thinking of bringing them to KK) and gave him one and another one for myself.

It has been ages since the last time I went into a clinic. This particular clinic in my hometown was my mom's favorite. If any of our family members get sick, then this will be the first doctor that she would bring us to. It seems like the responsibility has now fall on me. We waited quite a while as there were many patients and I felt nervous and worried when my brother was getting sicker as the clock ticks. Suddenly the time was like moving extremely slow.

When it was finally our turn, the first thing that doctor asked was: "Apa sakit?". I stoned for a second because I don't quite remember my BM. Luckily the doctor is not English illiterate. =P After rounds of checking, he said that it was just a normal flu and not denggi or H1N1. Well, thank God (Although I wonder how he could discriminate those flus without a proper chemical test).

I used to have this cat and dog fights with my little brother. Although it is no harm but I always have this perception that he likes to hang out with my little sister more than me. Maybe we have a large age gap and there are less things we have in common. But from this incident, I feel happy because when he faces problem, I am the first person he will come look for besides my parents. He counts on me and this is something I am proud of.
Take more rest bro... Love ya... ^^

No comments: