Friday, May 8, 2009

~Students nowadays~

Well, I remember during my first and second years in uni, some of the lecturers are just too lazy to give us the lecture notes. Their excuses: First we can do readings by ourselves or DIY notes, second, which I think is more valid, they are just lazy, to even post up to the student drive. >.<
So what was our solution? If you join one of our classes, you will see majority of the students there busy copying, copying every slide and every single word from the slide, lolx... No one actually listens to the lecturer, everyone just copying feverishly. Lolx, well, I am one of them too. I think this is just the "kiasu" mentality of the students, whereby we worried that we might have left out some details, if we don't copy the whole thing. But when come to exam, how many of us actually read all the notes that we copied? Lolx... I didn't...

But then now, things changed. I am taking some third year units with my juniors now, as to complete my double degree course. As usual, lecturers are still as lazy as before, but students are now smarter. Lolx, instead of copying all the notes, students now use camera to snap the slides. You will see students listening to the lecturer, and once the lecturer change to the next slide, everyone will start snapping pictures. It is just like, a conference where you can see all the flash lights coming from all directions. Lolx... Well, this is kinda useful right? So I follow also...



Kakaka~ so students nowadays, we are more *in*... Notes are no longer in papers, power point or pdf format, now our notes are in jpeg format. =P

No comments: