Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A better Insight~

Today I had a nice chit chat session with my lady boss and I had a better insight of the company background, the real working environment, and my gold fish colleague.

She told me a lot about Mr. Gold Fish, warned me to be careful when dealing with him. Some *behind-the-scene* stories were revealed, I am not shock, but a little surprise. Skip those back stabbing stuffs, overall I can only say that he is not a trustworthy guy, either emotionally, physically or financially. As for me, I can only say that I will be more careful when dealing with him, and only official matters, as I have promised someone.

Then she also told me more about our company, how they were cheated by the ex-manager, why they got into legal case, how they almost declared bankruptcy and how they finally found a way to deal with it. Somehow I found it fascinating, as I got to know more about the real life environment, the real business world, where almost everything is profit oriented, there is no true friend and there is no forever enemy. Fascinating, but not something I adore very much now.

Somehow I find that, being a working adult is really a major transition in one's life, as we get to know something that we didn't know when we were studying. The environment is so different, sometimes it even takes a long time for one to adjust. Also, human are complex beings, it is almost impossible to truly understand a person, no matter how long you have known this person.

Phrases of the day:
Do not interrupt when someone is speaking
Do not believe in everything you listen or see
Be selective and analytic
Put on your thinking cap and think.

P/S: For a better future, a wiser woman I wanna be.

No comments: