Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy daddy's day... ^^

I remember once during my high school time, my chemistry teacher was telling us how her son was not behaving himself. He was still a kid at that time and he liked to play with light switch and extension plug. My teacher was mad at him and no matter how many times she scolded him, he still acted the same way. Kaka... (so much like me and my dad). Then she finally decided to just let him play, because only when he was struck once, he would know that playing with plugs is dangerous. And yea... He did kena once when he was playing with wet hands. Even it was only a minor electric shock, but it was enough to give him a lesson, he did not play with switch from that time onwards... Kaka... Being a parent is not easy...

My dad always scolds me for not calling back home when I am staying in hostel. To me I think that there is no need to call everyday or to report myself everyday, so no matter how many times he scolded me, his daughter remained the same bullshit attitude. Lolx...

Also, when I went out with friends, although he didn't set a curfew like what time I should be back, but usually I just take that for granted, I came back usually at midnight or beyond that. Dad called of course, but then sometimes I didn't even pick up his calls (Don't be shock, at least I did that very often last time). Lolx... I always feel that, I am a young girl, don't lock me in a bird cage...

But now, kaka... I truely understand his feeling. Like my chemistry teacher's son, I finally learned when I been through the same situation as my dad. My brother was a young boy, at the age of 20 of course he got his own social activities and wants to stay all day out with friends, or only come back after midnight, which to him is nothing at all. I have been through that age as well, I understand how irritating it can be when our parents are trying to restrain us.

But now, at this time when I am typing this, he is still outside. Called him many times and he didn't pick up my calls. My pressure is building and when he finally picked up my call, the first thing I do was to scold him and ask him to come back right now. Everyone is worried, including me. Kaka...

I finally know that being a parent is so not easy. Children always never think from the parents' side, but they demand parents to think from their sides. I am one of them, and today I finally understand, actually parents are worry for their kids, like I worry for my brother, like my dad worries for him. It is not that they want to control us.

Sorry dad, sorry mom... Sorry for being a selfish kid... :)
Wow... There is still a lot to learn in life... Hope the strength is with me... Gambateh! ^^

No comments: