Friday, September 11, 2009

1st OT Experience~

Today was a long long day. Met up with my senior at 7.30am and then head straight to Damansara Height to attend one major surgery with my boss. This was a big one, with 3 oral surgeons together with an anesthetist and a few nurses who are damn hell bossy.

The moment we stepped into the medical centre with all our stuffs, the so-called head of nurse came over and asked:"Who are you? What are you doing here?" In a very rude way. Shit her. Then because I am still new, the so-called head of nurse, lets give her a name, how about goblok? So this goblok came to talk to my boss, she said *her* operating theatre (OT) is very small, she doesn't want unproductive people to be inside *her* OT. As if she owns the medical centre. Then my boss said I am there to learn and assist. She said she knows everything already, no need assistance. But then too bad my boss knows her boss too well, so I got a chance to scrub in. Muahaha~ But then she wasn't very happy and kept shooting me with her annoying look. Duh~ As if I care.

But then this goblok is seriously piece of shit. I hope the patient won't get any infection later in time as we were using *contaminated* instrument thanks to this lovely goblok. After the first part of the surgery, this goblok asked me to pack and clear everything with my company's logo and get out of *her* operating theatre. That time my boss asked me to clean the surgical set so I thought we have done our part. So I started packing and cleaning and get dressed.

Manatau later on I was told that we still need to stay for the second part of the surgery as the doctors still need our stuffs for second stage surgery. But then, I have packed everything and they are no longer sterile. Then I looked at the goblok, she got no words to say. But then since autoclave needs another 1.5hours, so without choice they just wiped the handpiece with alcohol swab, hoping to kill the bacteria. But please la, I am a science student man, I know this is impossible. But then since the goblok so smart, let her do la. @@"

Then something even more ridiculous. Before the start of the second stage surgery, she came over and talked to my senior. Something like this:

Goblok: You all doing implant one is okay, I am in the surgery side so I am very fussy. You see the way I wash my hand and the way I wear glove, is different from you all right?
Senior: No ah, is the same.
Kakaka~ Damn funny, then she is speechless again and walked away. Seriously ridiculous man.

Nonetheless, overall this was a real great experience. First the OT is damn hell cold, as if it is used to store corpse. @@" Next the surgeons are working under high pressure, even unproductive people like me, could feel the tension. Each time they finished one part of the surgery, they will go for a 10 minutes coffee break. One doctor even went out to smoke. It is not hard to imagine their tension thou, as they are dealing with life and death. There is no room for mistake. Even a small one can kill.

So overall, damn freaking tired. But since tomorrow is Saturday and I am going to see him, then it is okay la. Muahaha~ =P

*In the prep room, waiting for the surgery to start.*

No comments: