Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh, why he is not my boss? >.<

Today I went for my monthly orthodontic checkup after work, around 6pm. Initially planning to skip the appointment and tried making another one as I was too lazy to see doctor again. But then I remembered I just skipped one recently as it clashed with my weekend trip. So no choice, I went and guess what, I saw an interesting drama. ^^

It was 6pm++. The clinic was left with 2 patients including me. Nurses started to grumble. They wanted to go back early and no one wanted to work over time. There was this senior pretty nurse, she started to show her busuk face to the doctor, slamming the drawers and talked very loudly and rudely. From another room, she shouted to the doctor saying that she wanted to go home already. At that time doctor was attending me while she and some other nurses were attending the other patient.

Then doctor said please handle the patient for a while, he will be coming after he was done with me. The doctor said don't leave the patient unattended. The doctor was saying in a gentle way, almost pleading her to stay for another while. Then something interesting happened. The senior nurse marched over to our room and started crying. Below was the conversation as I recalled:

Nurse: This is your job, you have to do it! Not me!
Doctor: Yea I know, but please help me to attend the patient for a while.
Nurse: It is 6pm already! I want to go home!
Then she started crying.
Nurse: I am taking your salary but this is not the way of working!
Nurse: I don't want your OT money, I have enough to eat and spend.
Doctor: Okay okay, you don't cry in front of me. You go home first I will do the rest.
Nurse: If you continue like this I will quit this job!
Doctor: Okay okay you go home first.

I was like... Whoa! First the doctor was getting a bit emotional and I am worried that he might mess up with my teeth. Muahaha~ Second thing is, how can the nurse be so rude to the doctor? And how come the doctor is enduring her like a queen? I was thinking maybe they are relatives? or maybe because the doctor is depending on her. To train someone is not easy though. =P But still... It was abit over lor... How come my boss is not like him one? @@"

Oh btw, one good news of the day. If nothing goes wrong, I will be braces-free in 2 months time. Muahaha~ Yay! ^^

2 comments:

- k o R i - said...

Congratulations!!
Hope to see you without braces soon xD

JoeanneWLV said...

Kekeke... Ya, lets pray hard that nothing went wrong during this 2 months la... =D