Thursday, September 24, 2009

Death~

*朋友,一路好走*

Today I received several missed calls from my friends while I was on the plane. I called back thinking that they were planning something for Raya holiday. But then what greeted me was not holiday plans, but the death of my friend.

I was really shocked. Seriously when Feleh told me about this, I didn't know what to say, I didn't know how to respond. There was one second when I was about to cry, not only because of the death of my friend, but I am much more concerned about his sister. She is always a strong girl, a girl who is full of courage and determination. But dealing with death is so not an easy thing, especially when he/ she is your beloved ones. It requires a lot of strength and determination and support. I just wish I could be there to at least give her a patting hand, a hug or even a chance to cry together. Being the eldest daugther and the only child left, sometimes I know she doesn't even have the right to cry, because she has to be strong to support her family. Suddenly, I feel very sad.

This reminded me of my friend who had to deal with her mom's death all alone about a year plus ago. Her mom was diagnosed with cancer and it was spreading uncontrollably. Till the end of her days, she was weak and thin, so unbearable that you wouldn't want to see it anymore. But as the eldest daughter, she had to deal with this, no matter how much she was reluctant to do so. She has to be the supportive one to support her family, her dad and her young brothers. It was very difficult. I remembered meeting her at Secret Recipe after some times of her mother death. She was crying uncontrollably, saying that she could give up everything to exchange for her mother's life. I don't know what else I could do besides sitting beside her and offered her a patting hand. That time was really sad.

Life is short. Life is precious. You will never know what will happen tomorrow. You may not have the chance to say thank you to the people that you care and not have the chance to apologize to the people that you have hurt. I remembered the montage for Grey's Anatomy last episode season 5 (Now or never), when Christina rushed to Owen and expressed her feeling to him, telling him how she also felt the same for him. That moment was really touching and sweet, as she has finally realized that if you love someone, you have to say it, while they can still listen to you, something that we should learn from them. Do it or say it, before it is too late.

*Christina and Owen in Grey's Anatomy*

To my dear friend, I hope you rest in peace.
To my dear friend who has just lost her beloved brother, I hope you can be strong.
Always with love.

P/S: 1st day in Shanghai and I wanted to tell you out loud that I miss you a lot.

(Written on 18th September 2009)

No comments: